http://www.pbs.org/wonders/fr_wn.htm
1. Black Kingdoms of the Nile: Pyramids at Giza
I thought this marvel was just insane. With only manpower as a real source of energy, it is so amazing how perfect that structure is. I did do a research project in 6th grade on the pyramids, but I foung nothing like this. I didn't know about the exact angle and the length of each sides. What is more amazing is that the error is less than 0.1%. That is why the Pyramids are one of the seven wonders of the world.
2. Road to Timbuktu: Empires of Mali & Ghana
If I am not mistaken, there were a lot of cities mentioned that had something to do with trade. But this empire was apparently the "land of gold" and center of trade. Also it said that Ghana was very famous about this whole empire and there were a lot of attacks on him. But he would be able to defend both north and south. That is some feat. He did have 200,000 warriors to back him up.
3. Road to Timbuktu: Niger River
The Niger River is not only an astonishing and one of three great rivers of Africa, but a life saver. This river helped the civilization in 300 A.D. to succeed and prosper. The river helped so much from harvesting, to fishing, to fertilizing the land. Without this river I do not think the area would be as prosperous as it is today.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow the fact about the pyramid is insane. that must take a lot of planning and hard work.
ReplyDelete